Sunday 1 July 2012

The Royal Road


Books have been lying all over my bed since morning…pages flickering.

I've read so much since morning….I have been in alpha rhythm for sometime now….I thought it would be good to write…..yeah I know today is doctor's day….and I have to confess it was in prefinals of bachelor's when I fell in love with complexities of female reproductive system and later complexities of brain took a part of my heart….former anatomy,latter ofcourse physiology!!

We live in such a world,a world of paradox….so when you meet a women or a mother who asks you "hey doc,tell me about pain free labour ,or how can I get a pain free labour?" you chuckle"I am afraid maam but that's  an oxymoron….how can labour in any form be pain free and I know delivery as the most difficult labour"!!     oh dnt give me the crap of science progression and C  section…..it's not that I m against Csection….and I am pretty much aware of all the indications for the same….fetal distress maternal stress PIH h'agge bla bla…..my point here is….why do we resort to C section so often …..why do mothers give up just in time??why do families want their babies to be born on some silly date which they consider is auspicious and rush to clinic to book  a date for operation??

Normal labour is the most divine and miraculous physiological process designed for human body….when a fetus is sure of it's capacity to be able to sustain life on it's own ,it drives it's way out of the womb…..it releases hormones ,initiates muscular contractions and squeezes it's way out......the fetus has a powerful brain which co ordinates all these activities between it's skeleton n muscles …..and twisting and turning in that tiny space isn't pain free for baby too…..Csection and analgesia have several risks….and when you resort to them….you deprive your baby of the very first struggle it undergoes to come to the real world, the very first time baby's brain initiates a process…..and you deprive yourself of the very pain for which u were born as a woman…..learn endurance…..if it's going to be amazing, it's not going to be easy!!
The road with maximum resistance is always the royal road!!!

2 comments:

  1. 1st non metaphorical post .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like you are writing with a free hand now .... and a free mind of course :) Good to read all these posts.

    ReplyDelete