Tuesday 26 June 2012

In the darkness

When the night fell,
            Out of sheer exhaustion I lied down.
All I wanted was my peace
I frantically searched for it.
            Hurried gazes. . .some here some there.
How would I ever know where?

I closed my eyes yet I could see,
Flurry of thoughts flood my brains.
Why did I ever think I'd be forgiven,
And when my inner voice grew louder,
I shut my ears and ran for shelter:
To a place where I could hide my tears.


Seconds later. . .
As I was standing beneath the eternal sky;
Its vastness and its greatness made me realize:
It was all temporary. . .everything that ever was. . .that is. . . and that ever will be.
I was assured that "Someday, I will rest in peace".


3 comments:

  1. Someday we will all REST IN PEACE [:)]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that even though you are infinitely more innocent than me...yet, you are also infinitely wiser and infinitely better!

    This one is just a manifestation of all that!

    ReplyDelete