Saturday 29 September 2012

As Paul Ehrlich said , “life is a....chemical incident”!! What I am sure of is I never wanted the description of my life to be easy , smooth ,fun  else why would i choose to become a doctor.
Medicine is all about handling failures....in all its forms!! You will be assigned more work than can be managed ,more to learn & read than probably can be remembered...enough is always less for us. It’s  emotionally and physically gruelling and no I am not complaining here. I, probably, only by now have a partial glimpse of my life ahead....tip of the iceberg and I won’t even call it a struggle. Struggle is what people do against their disease in hospital....rest everything is overrated! There are things that we are told and things we discover!As an intern when i was assisting my resident in suprapubic cystostomy ,he pulled me aside and said “Emotions are funny and weird, Keep them aside”. I now know emotions are neither funny nor weird,  expression is!! When I put my first suture I realized how precision with which a task is done so much more important than it’s mere completion. I know medicine to be either consuming or evading. There’s a midway, it’s just not for me!! As Sidney Farber said “for progress we don’t need full solutions of all the problems”.....I agree. For  progress, we need patience!!
At  the end of the day, you just have to compete with yourself, you could either be optimistic or delusional and There’s just one thing that can’t be cured...it’s impatience!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think all entrance exams have a similar internal battle ..... The experience is surely a life changing one ..... People who make it to the other side surely see it as d event that started the process of change..... Once you prepare for a competitive exam all future struggle [film industry included] seem like a cake walk

    ReplyDelete